NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN SANTA MARIA
We Are Open and Now Accepting New Patients.
However, Appointments are Severely Limited. Please Call ASAP to Avoid a Long Wait Time
…And for people who need to stay at home but still need some care, we offer Telehealth visits – Video Visits (similar to Skype or Face Time) – where you can get the care you need from your own home.
How To Ease Annoying, Daily, Irritating Neck and Shoulder Pain Naturally – Before It Gets Any Worse…
If you’ve got neck pain, shoulder pain, or just stiffness or an ache in these areas – it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept wrong”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from…
There’s no obvious reason why it happened – but it doesn’t seem to be getting better!…
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Neck pain and shoulder pain are EXTREMELY common problems that we see in our physical therapy office here in Santa Maria/Orcutt.
And when it comes to living with neck and shoulder pain, everybody we see wants to know:
“WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?”…
“WHY AM I STILL SUFFERING WITH NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN AFTER PUTTING UP WITH IT FOR 6 MONTHS (MAYBE MORE)?
Most people think that when they get Neck Pain or Shoulder Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with neck pain, shoulder pain or stiffness in these areas – often even worse than it was when it came on.
DOES THAT SOUND LIKE YOU?
Another scenario we see all the time in our PT Clinic is when people go to see the doctor, and they are told to take some pain meds and “rest,” and “see how it goes”…
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often told the x-ray shows they’ve got a “back neck” or “it’s arthritis…” given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest…. This story is far too common and explains why so many people aged 50+ are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
HAS THIS TYPE OF THING HAPPENED TO YOU?
Why else does neck and shoulder pain last longer than it should? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have an arm problem, but it’s really your neck. Or maybe you think you have a neck problem, but it’s really your shoulder? Having a neck and shoulder problem can be very confusing trying to figure out on your own.
Maybe you think your neck pain and shoulder pain was caused by doing something – like lifting or sleeping awkwardly – but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your neck and upper back to become weak and pain and stiffness from the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing – neck pain and shoulder pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
DO YOU FEEL THAT WAY TOO?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck and Shoulder Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take pain meds – but the pills did nothing to help your neck or shoulder, and as soon as they wore off chronic neck pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Neck pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or got some PT in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your Shoulder or Neck pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck and Shoulder pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you – we have good news: we hear these stories all the time!… And there’s always something that can be done.
We would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our PT’s in Santa Maria to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF MY NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN QUICKLY?”…
WELL, HERE ARE 4 THINGS YOU CAN DO:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that Neck and Shoulder pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your Neck and Shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move your neck and shoulder freely again – and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate these areas even more, like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest – ever woken up so stiff in the neck that you couldn’t turn your head, or after sitting felt the neck and shoulder ache spread across the shoulders, even down into the upper arm? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to Neck and Shoulder pain is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your neck stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – PT is proven to help people with Neck and Shoulder pain. In fact at Active Physical Therapy we are Neck and Shoulder Pain Specialists – and Neck and Shoulder issues are some of the MOST common injuries we see. If your Neck and Shoulder pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the team at Active Physical Therapy can help you live with less Neck and Shoulder pain – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment:
Note: This Free Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free Discovery Visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
SO THE NEXT QUESTION IS:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Active Physical Therapy Help You Ease Your Neck and Shoulder Pain – In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
In the first visit, we can quickly let you know the root cause of your pain, and what needs to be done, starting right then – information to ease your mind, and start making progress right away!
Help you see you’re not alone in dealing with your neck and shoulder pain – we’ll guide you through our success-proven 4-stage plan for healing back pain, starting on day 1
Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of body movements that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to taking all of those pain meds that are no good for your health long-term
We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery – and painful injections
We can help you become a better version than your “injured” self – more equipped… more physically able… and more at peace
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has stolen from you
We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right (without buying a new $2000 bed!)
We can help you to sit more comfortably and actually use your arms for everyday activities and sports again without feeling weak and painful…
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of daily, annoying and chronic neck and shoulder pain
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our Physical Therapy office in Santa Maria, then please just click the button below and complete the short form: